Why foster for Shining Stars Fostering Agency?
We are a dynamic fostering agency set up and run by two experienced social workers with over 25 years of combined fostering experience
- Shining Stars Fostering Agency is unique in providing training on ‘Secure Base Model’ to all our prospective foster carers as a part of the assessment process. This will enable the prospective foster carers to have a clear understanding of the skills and capacities associated with offering care as a part of family life in foster care right from the time a placement begins
- 24/7 support by experienced qualified social workers
- Ongoing training and development
- A fostering allowance starting from £405.00 a week for a mainstream child or significantly higher for a child remanded into care or a child with special needs
- 4 weekly meetings (or more if required) with your Supervising Social Worker
- Regular telephone calls
- Social Events
- Quarterly meetings with other Foster Carers
- Membership of The Fostering Network all our approved carers receive full membership automatically, giving you carer insurance and support
- A buddy scheme which is mentoring by our approved and experienced foster carers. We believe there’s nothing like discussing things with people who have been there and done it.
- Excellent Matching- All placements will be discussed with you before you are put forward as a potential carer and will be matched carefully with a child/young person.